Rila Monastery and Boyana Church Tour From Sofia - Day trip shuttle private tour.
Rila Monastery and Boyana Church – cultural and historical monuments with a significant place among the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. These sites are unique sites that have preserved the Bulgarian identity, spiritual life and culture.
We offer you to go on a pleasant day tour and discover these centers of the Christian culture.
Departure: from Sofia, a minibus /9 people/, with a tour guide accompanying the tourists. The visit of the monastery inside and outside is a self-guided visit and the tourists use their audio guide devices. The visit of the monastery lasts about 2-3 hours, including the time for rest.
The visit to Boyana Church (according to internal regulations) lasts 8 minutes.
The ride to Rila Monastery, one way destination, takes about 2 hours and some additional time for lunch at the restaurant. The total duration of the excursion is about 8 hours.
The price for the excursion is 35 EURO /70 BGN.
If you wish, you can visit these sites on your own, so you will need to download the audio guided tour from our application.
ADVANTAGES FOR AUDIO GUIDE DEVICE TOUR
- Interesting audio talks about different monument;
- You get acquainted with the monastery complex at your own pace;
- Opportunity to listen to recordings on your native or chosen language;
- You do not need to keep up with a group or listen to a guide’s talk;
- You will be able to listen the recordings without disturbing the other visitors of the complex.
WHAT ATTRACTIONS CAN YOU SEE
Rila Monastery – one of the symbols of Bulgarian history, was founded by Ivan Rilski in the middle of 10th century. At present it is functioning monastery and open for visitors. It is a major orthodox cultural and historical monument with a great significance for all Bulgarian people.
On the monastery’s area, displayed in five museums, are kept about 35000 unique exhibits, among which can be seen ancient manuscripts, relics of saints and various church items.
All the visitors are fascinated by the monastery’s famous relics - the Raphael's Cross and the historical Miraculous Icon of the Holy Mother of God in the halo of 32 reliquaries with the remains of saints.
Boyana church is one of the few medieval monuments of the Christian art that has been well preserved up to the present days.
Built in 1th century, it became a worldwide prominent church name due to its unique murals.
Our audio guide will tell you about the monastery complex in Rila Monastery and about the Boyana church. The soft music accompanying the audio storytelling emphasizes the atmosphere of these sacred religious sites and places and creates a special mood. You will come close to the spiritual relics and learn about the history and foundation of these ancient religious sites, also about important events in their history, and why they are so precious for our people.
HOW TO BUY THE EXCURSION
- Price of the trip –35 EURO
- Schedule:Monday Wednesday Friday
- Departure: 09:30
- Place of departure: 2 Ivan Vazov Str. (Next to a music store)
Payment from our website by card – VISA, MASTER, MAESTRO, CIRRIUS and AMERICAN EXPRESS. (To do this, please select the preferable date of the trip in our calendar)
- Free space in the van is guaranteed only when booked and payed in advance.
- All devices and headphones are disinfected with ultraviolet lamps in specially equipped suitcases.
You can visit the Rila monastery on your own by downloading our audio tourfrom our application.
Telephone number +359 888 975 886 (Viber connection available)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXCURSION
The excursion includes:
- A map with your itinerary indicating the museums, casher desks, the relics of St. Ivan Rilski, the Miraculous Icon of the Holy Mother of God, the Royal tomb and other objects.
- Audio talks about the sites and the objects of interest.
- An audio guide device available in 7 languages: Russian, German, Bulgarian, English, French, Italian and Spanish.
- An audio storytelling in Boyana church.
- Museum audio talks at Church-historical museum, The Birth of the Virgin Mary main church museum, Medieval tower, Ethnographic museum, Magernitsa monastery kitchen - museum.
The price for the excursion does not include:
- Admission fee for Boyana Church-10 BGN
- Admission fees for the Rila Monastery museums-16 BGN /total fee admission for all the museums/. The visits and the access to the museum exhibitions are paid additionally at the ticket office of the Church History Museum.
AudioGuide Bulgaria – your tour guide in Bulgaria.
Enjoy your tour and find out more about the culture and history of Bulgaria.
Our customers are delighted with this excursion and share their admiration with us.
You will know about:
The creation of the monastery
Inner courtyard of the monastery
Church Nativity of the Virgin Mother
Iconostasis. Relics of st. John of Rila
Archbishop’s throne and pulpit
Miraculous icon of the Holy Virgin Osenovitsa
Royal Tomb (mound)
Tomb of Neophyte of Rila
Church and History museum