Le monastère de Rila est vraiment impressionnant et l'audio guide est un complément parfait pour connaître l'histoire de ce lieu merveilleux !
Rila Monastery and Boyana Church Tour From Sofia - Day trip
Rila Monastery from Sofia and Boyana Church – cultural and historical monuments with a significant place among the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. These sites are unique sites that have preserved the Bulgarian identity, spiritual life and culture.
We offer you to go on a pleasant day tour and discover these centers of the Christian culture.
Departure: Rila monastery from Sofia, a minibus /9 people/, with a tour guide accompanying the tourists. The visit of the monastery inside and outside is a self-guided visit and the tourists use their audio guide devices. The visit of the monastery lasts about 2-3 hours, including the time for rest.
The visit to Boyana Church (according to internal regulations) lasts 8 minutes.
The ride to Rila Monastery, one way destination, takes about 2 hours and some additional time for lunch at the restaurant. The total duration of the excursion is about 8 hours.
The price for the excursion is 35EURO /70 BGN.
If you plan to visit the Rila Monastery and the Boyana Church on your own, then you can listen to the audio recordings on your phone -
AUDIO GUIDE RILA MONASTERY and AUDIO GUIDE BOYANA CHURCH
ADVANTAGES FOR AUDIO GUIDE DEVICE TOUR
- Interesting audio talks about different monument
- You get acquainted with the monastery complex at your own pace
- Opportunity to listen to recordings on your native or chosen language
- You do not need to keep up with a group or listen to a guide’s talk
- You will be able to listen the recordings without disturbing the other visitors of the complex
WHAT ATTRACTIONS CAN YOU SEE
Rila Monastery – one of the symbols of Bulgarian history, was founded by Ivan Rilski in the middle of 10th century. At present it is functioning monastery and open for visitors. It is a major orthodox cultural and historical monument with a great significance for all Bulgarian people.
On the monastery’s area, displayed in five museums, are kept about 35000 unique exhibits, among which can be seen ancient manuscripts, relics of saints and various church items.
All the visitors are fascinated by the monastery’s famous relics - the Raphael's Cross and the historical Miraculous Icon of the Holy Mother of God in the halo of 32 reliquaries with the remains of saints.
Boyana church is one of the few medieval monuments of the Christian art that has been well preserved up to the present days.
Built in 1th century, it became a worldwide prominent church name due to its unique murals.
Our audio guide will tell you about the monastery complex in Rila Monastery and about the Boyana church. The soft music accompanying the audio storytelling emphasizes the atmosphere of these sacred religious sites and places and creates a special mood. You will come close to the spiritual relics and learn about the history and foundation of these ancient religious sites, also about important events in their history, and why they are so precious for our people.
HOW TO BUY THE EXCURSION
- Price of the trip – 35 EURO
- Departure: 09:00 (meeting at 08:45 )
- Place of departure: Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (there is a bus stop at the back of the temple)
Payment from our website by card – VISA, MASTER, MAESTRO, CIRRIUS and AMERICAN EXPRESS. (To do this, please select the preferable date of the trip in our calendar)
- Free space in the van is guaranteed only when booked and payed in advance.
- All devices and headphones are disinfected with ultraviolet lamps in specially equipped suitcases.
Telephone number +359 888 975 886 (Viber connection available)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXCURSION
The excursion includes:
- A map with your itinerary indicating the museums, casher desks, the relics of St. Ivan Rilski, the Miraculous Icon of the Holy Mother of God, the Royal tomb and other objects.
- Audio talks about the sites and the objects of interest.
- An audio guide device available in 7 languages: Russian, German, Bulgarian, English, French, Italian and Spanish.
- An audio storytelling in Boyana church.
- Museum audio talks at Church-historical museum, The Birth of the Virgin Mary main church museum, Medieval tower, Ethnographic museum, Magernitsa monastery kitchen - museum.
The price for the excursion does not include:
- Admission fee for Boyana Church - 10 BGN
- Admission fees for the Rila Monastery museums - 16 BGN /total fee admission for all the museums/. The visits and the access to the museum exhibitions are paid additionally at the ticket office of the Church History Museum.
AudioGuide Bulgaria – your tour guide in Bulgaria.
Enjoy your tour and find out more about the culture and history of Bulgaria.
Our customers are delighted with this excursion and share their admiration with us.
You will know about:
The creation of the monastery
Inner courtyard of the monastery
Church Nativity of the Virgin Mother
Iconostasis. Relics of st. John of Rila
Archbishop’s throne and pulpit
Miraculous icon of the Holy Virgin Osenovitsa
Royal Tomb (mound)
Tomb of Neophyte of Rila
Church and History museum
listen to a fragment of the recording
ENG THE CHURCH AND HISTORY MUSEUM (point 9):ENG THE CHURCH AND HISTORY MUSEUM (point 9)
BG ЦЪРКОВНО-ИСТОРИЧЕСКИ МУЗЕЙ ((point 9):BG ЦЪРКОВНО-ИСТОРИЧЕСКИ МУЗЕЙ ((point 9)
FRA MUSEE D’HISTOIRE DE L’EGLISE (point 9):FRA MUSEE D’HISTOIRE DE L’EGLISE (point 9)
DE KIRCHLICH HISTORISCHES MUSEUM (point 9):DE KIRCHLICH HISTORISCHES MUSEUM (point 9)
ITA IL MUSEO RELIGIOSO E STORICO (point 9):ITA IL MUSEO RELIGIOSO E STORICO (point 9)
ESP EL MUSEO DE LA IGLESIA Y LA HISTORIA (point 9):ESP EL MUSEO DE LA IGLESIA Y LA HISTORIA (point 9)
RUS ЦЕРКОВНО-ИСТОРИЧЕСКИЙ МУЗЕЙ (point 9):RUS ЦЕРКОВНО-ИСТОРИЧЕСКИЙ МУЗЕЙ (point 9)
- Sophie - France20.10.2021
- Barbara - Italy06.01.2020
Consiglio questo tour a chi come me vuole visitare una città in autonomia. Il tour è ben organizzato e offre una mappa dettagliata ed un dispositivo con cuffie che spiega ogni punto in maniera esaustiva e mai noiosa. Il ragazzo che ci ha accolto in ufficio è stato molto disponibile e cortese. Consiglio vivamente questo tour!
Our other offers
An audio guide day trip in Sofia
FROM 13 LEVA / 7 EUROBuy
Optionally, the recording is valid from 24 to 72 hours from the start date.
Frequently asked questions – F.A.Q.
The one-day excursion lasts about 7-8 hours.
The one-way transfer takes about 2 hours.
If you are going to visit the Rila Monastery on your own, then you can purchase from our site only an audio tour without a transfer.
After paying for the tour, a link with access to audio files will be sent to your email. On the day of your chosen excursion, the link will become active and will be valid for 24 hours. In this case, you will listen to audio recordings on our website through your phone.
You will need headphones to listen in the temples. By choosing this option, you must have access to the Internet.
Outside the territory of the monastery, on both sides, there are two parking lots. The price of parking for one car is 2.5 euros.
If there are no free spaces in the parking lot or you don't want to pay for parking, you can leave the car on the side of the road before reaching the monastery 300-500 meters away.
Yes, the tour includes a lunch stop at a fish restaurant. We will pass by mountains from which mountain rivers descend. Therefore, the area is famous for its fish dishes, and the fish served in local restaurants is always fresh.
Lunch is not included in the price of the tour!
Hemos hecho las dos excursiones, al Monasterio de Rila y a Plovdiv, con Mihail. Todo estuvo dentro de lo planeado, Mihail ha sido muy amable y siempre pendiente de nosotros y las audioguías muy completas. Recomiendo estos dos tours