The Rila Monastery and the Boyana Church are considered cultural and historical monuments of world importance and they appear on the UNESCO list. These unique places preserve the spirituality and culture of Bulgaria. We offer you a unique and pleasant trip to these centers of Christian culture.
We use minibus (group up to 9 people) from Sofia, with an accompanying guide. The tour to the monastery complex is carried out independently by using audio device as a personal guide. You will need approximately 2-3 hours (free time included). For the visit to the Boyana Church (according to previous internal regulations) – 8 minutes.
The road to the Rila Monastery in one direction takes about 2 hours plus extra time for lunch at a restaurant. The whole duration of the excursion sums up to 8 hours.
Price for the tour – 70 leva.
In case you want to visit the sites by your own, you can download our audio tour from our mobile app.
ADVANTAGES FOR AUDIO GUIDE DEVICE TOUR
- Interesting audio talks about different monument;
- You get acquainted with the monastery complex at your own pace;
- Opportunity to listen to recordings on your native or chosen language;
- You do not need to keep up with a group or listen to a guide’s talk;
- You will be able to listen the recordings without disturbing the other visitors of the complex.
INTERESTING THINGS YOU ARE GOING TO SEE DURING THE EXCURSION
Founded in the first half of the tenth century by John of Rila, the Rila Monastery is one of the symbols of Bulgaria. The monastery still remains a major Orthodox monument of the culture and with great history heritage for the Bulgarian nation. On the territory of the monastery complex there are five museums in which are stored about 35 000 unique exhibits, including ancient manuscripts, relics of saints and rich church utensils.
All guests of the monastery are eager to see its famous relics such as the Raphael Cross and the miraculous icon of the Virgin Mary, surrounded by 32 relics with the remains of saints.
The Boyana Church was built in XI century and has gained worldwide fame thanks to its unique murals. The Church is considered as one of the few medieval monuments of Christian art that has reached the present day in almost perfect condition.
Audio guide will take you on a walk and tell you about the Rila Monastery Compex and the Boyana Church. Playing a special music will emphasize the atmosphere of the place and create a mood for exploration. You will have the chance to reveal the spiritual relics and get to know about the history of the creation of those ancient temples. You will be eager to know about the events happened there and why these temples are of such a great value.
HOW TO BUY THE EXCURSION
- Price of the trip – 70 leva
- Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Departure: 09:30
- Place of departure: 2 Ivan Vazov Str.
*Payment from our website by card – VISA, MASTER, MAESTRO, CIRRIUS, BORICA, EUROLINE AMERICAN EXPRESS and AMERICAN EXPRESS. (To do this, please select the preferable date of the trip in our calendar and book an audio guide device)
*Payment in our office (by card of cash)
- Free space in the van is guaranteed only when booked and payed in advance.
- All devices and headphones are disinfected with ultraviolet lamps in specially equipped suitcases.
ATTENTION! Due to the epidemic, the office is temporarily closed.
Sofia, 2 Ivan Vazov Str.
Opening hours: Daily from 09:30 to 18:00
Start of the tour – at your discretion, final delivery of the device – 16:30
Start of the route: in front of the Ivan Vazov National Theatre.
Telephone number +359 888 975 886 (Viber connection available)
You can visit the sites on your own by downloading our audio tour from our application.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXCURSION
THE EXCURSION INCLUDES:
- Map of the route. The map shows the exact location of the museums and the ticket office; The relics of John of Rila, the Miraculous Icon, The Royal Mound and other sites are located on the map as well;
- Audio story about these objects;
- Audio guide in 7 languages: Russian, German, Bulgarian, English, French, Italian and Spanish
- Audio talk at the Boyana Church;
- Audio talks in the museums: Church History, Iconic, Medieval Tower, Ethnographic Museum, Magernitsa Monastery Kitchen - Museum.
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Entrance ticket for Boyana Church – 10 leva;
- Entrance tickets for the museums of Rila Monastery - 16 leva (package ticket for all museums). For visiting the museum and its exhibition you have to pay extra at the ticket office of the Church and History Museum.
This is Audio Guide – your personal guide in Bulgaria. Enjoy the rich, cultural and historical heritage of the past!
Our clients are delighted and fascinated. We promise you will be happy with our tours.
You will know about:
The creation of the monastery
Inner courtyard of the monastery
Church Nativity of the Virgin Mother
Iconostasis. Relics of st. John of Rila
Archbishop’s throne and pulpit
Miraculous icon of the Holy Virgin Osenovitsa
Royal Tomb (mound)
Tomb of Neophyte of Rila
Church and History museum