One day trip from Sofia to Plovdiv
We offer you an adventure to Plovdiv – the cultural capital of Bulgaria, more than 8000 years old. The old town has wonderful antique buildings, old houses and tiny cobblestones streets. The modern city is in harmony with the old Plovdiv, making you soak up into the nice atmosphere.
We promise you’ll have an interesting day! Your tour is full of antique legends, secrets and discoveries! The photos you will take will always bring back sweet memories from this ancient city!
You go from Sofia to Plovdiv by a van (up to 9 persons) and a guide. The walking tour is done by yourselves, using an audio guide. You spend approximately 4 hours in Plovdiv, incl. some free time. It takes 2 hours (for each direction) to get from Sofia to Plovdiv. The whole tour lasts 8 hours.
Price: 70 leva / 35 Euro
You can visit the old town of Plovdiv on your own, using our app. Get it from here from 01.09.2020
Advantages of the audio guide tour
- Interesting audio talks about Plovdiv.
- You get to know the city at your own speed.
- You listen to the recordings in your language.
- You don’t have to be in a group or to be interrupted by other people.
- You can listen to the talks in the sights.
What’s interesting about the tour
Since the time it exists, Plovdiv has kept its ancient beauty and stayed in harmony with the modern world. Our audio guide will show you 25 sights in the Old Plovdiv. You will learn interesting facts and stories as well as get to know the archeological discovery – the Ancient Theater, which is one of the most beautiful ones in Europe.
The Roman Stadium is the greeting card of the city. The old houses make the old town full of colors. Even now, the archeological discoveries are continuing in Plovdiv, searching for more antiques from the past. You will be delighted by the Roman mosaics in the Small and the Bishops basilica and the roman complex “Trakart”.
The central pedestrian street is the same one as in the past. The Roman Stadium is just under the main street. You will visit a dervish monastery (17th C), which is now a well-known restaurant called “Paldin”. In the basement of the restaurant, you can find tracks of the dwellings of the monks and a curtain roman wall. Our clients get 15% discount for a lunch or dinner at this place.
How to buy a tour
- Price: 70leva / 35 euro
- Available days: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday
- Starting time: 9:30, Getting back to Sofia: 6:30 pm
- Starting point: Ivan Vazov Str. 2
*You can pay through our website shortly after you choose a date for the tour in the calendar window and reserve an audio guide, using VISA, Master card, Maestro card, Cirrius, БОРИКА, EuroLine American Express and American Express
*Payment in the office – you can choose to pay by card or by cash
- That we can guarantee available places only if you book and pay in advance.
- All devices and earphones are disinfected by UV lights and disinfecting equipment.
- We advise you on wearing comfortable shoes.
- We advise you on wearing sun cream in summer time.
Ivan Vazov Str 2
Start of the tour – you choose when to start, return of the device no later than 4:30 pm
The starting point is The National Theatre “Ivan Vazov”
Working time: every day 9:30 – 6 pm
Contact info: email: email@example.com
You can visit the old town of Plovdiv on your own, using our app. Get it from here from 01/07/2020
The tour includes:
- Transportation Sofia- Plovdiv – Sofia
- A map with 25 sights of Plovdiv
- Audio talks for each sight
- Audio guide available in 9 languages: English, Bulgarian, Russian, German, Italian, Spanish, Turkish, Greek, French
- Audio talks and movies in the Small Basilica, Trakart museum and the Armenian church museum
Not included in the price:
- Entrance fees for the museums. You can get a combined ticket for some of the places or from each place separately.
- Hotel transfer – available with a request
Audio Guide - your guide in Bulgaria! Enjoy the rich cultural and historical past of the country!
Our clients are satisfied and happy with this tour!
2. Roman stadium
3. Church of Holy Mother of God
4. Ancient theater
5. Lamartine’s House and Klianty House
6. Paldin Restaurant/ Former Muslim monastery Mevlevi Khane
7. Saborna street
8. Church of Saints Constantine and Helena
9. Lapidarium Square
10. Balbanov and Hindliyanov houses
11. Armenian church
12. Church museum
13. Gossip room
14. Ethnographical museum
15. Nebet tepe
16. Hisar Kapia
17. Artisans street
18. East gate
19. Small basilica
20. Bishops basilica
21. Catholic church
22. Trakart cultural center
24. New city center
25. Part of the Roman stadium
100. Audio Guide returns instructions. Important information