Plovdiv - One day shuttle tour from Sofia. Old Plovdiv city tour
We offer you a trip to the Old town of Plovdiv – an excursion from Sofia to Plovdiv. The city dates back to over 8000 years and has always been a Bulgarian cultural center. It was chosen to be a 2019 European capital of culture.
The Old town of Plovdiv attracts many visitors who enjoy walking on the narrow cobblestone streets and take photos of ancient houses. The Old town exists in harmony with the modern Plovdiv urban area, which connects past and present.
We promise you to have an exciting tour! Your tour will be filled with memorable experiences and you will enjoy listening to stories that will tell you about legends and myths. You will hear about the secrets of the ancient times and find out about fascinating archaeological discoveries.
The photos, taken during your tour, will let you have a look at your best moments during your tour of the Old town of Plovdiv and the people with whom you shared them.
Starting point: Sofia, traveling by minibus /9 people/. There will be a tour guide, accompanying the tourists. The tour guide does not take part in the walking tour of the Old town. Tourists go on a self-guided tour, using their audio guide devices. The tour lasts about 4 hours, including the time for additional activities of your own choice – time for rest, photos, a cup of coffee, etc.
Ride from Sofia to Plovdiv- two hours.
The duration of the excursion is about 8 hours.
Price: audio guided tour Sofia to Plovdiv: 70 BGN / 35 Euro
If you plan to visit the old city of Plovdiv on your own, you can listen to the audio recordings on your phone - AUDIO WALKING TOUR IN THE OLD TOWN OF PLOVDIV
Advantages of the audio guide tour
Audio storytelling about the interesting places and most important events, as well as details of what you see inside the historical buildings.
You get to know the city at your own speed.
A choice to hear the storytelling in your native language or the one you have chosen.
- You do not need to follow a group or listen to the explanations of a tourist guide.
- You can listen to the storytelling in the historical buildings without disturbing other visitors.
WHAT ATTRACTIONS CAN YOU SEE – ATTRACTIONS IN THE OLD TOWN OF PLOVDIV
The city of Plovdiv has preserved its ancient flair and beauty, being at the same time a modern city that offers a lot of cultural events. Your audio guide device will tell you about all the 25 attractions in the Old town.
You will learn about interesting facts, legends, folktales and historical myths.
The Roman amphitheater in Plovdiv, exposed during archaeological excavations, is one of the most beautiful ones in Europe.
The Roman Stadium is a famous landmark of Plovdiv. The ancient house museums make the Old town an exceptional place to visit and connect past to present.
With its amazing archeological discoveries Plovdiv surprises and delights all tourists. A city with a rich history, Plovdiv keeps attracting people who are eager to learn about the past and present of old cities. You will be amazed at the beauty of the Roman mosaics in the Small and the Big Basilicas, as well as by the ancient Roman villa-the Trakart museum.
The central pedestrian street in Plovdiv follows the ancient walking street underneath which was discovered the area of the Ancient Stadium.
You can visit the former Muslim monastery Mevlevi Khane dating back to the 17th century, and later was famous and well-known as the iconic Puldin restaurant. Its amazing layout delights the guests and in the basement can be seen the ruins of the monk’s homes (dervishes) and a real Roman defensive wall.
How to book Plovdiv Shuttle tour - Day trip from Sofia
- Price: 70 leva / 35 euro
- Available days: Tuesday Thursday Saturday
- Starting time: 8:45, Getting back to Sofia: 5:30 pm
- Starting point: St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (from the back of the Cathedral at the bus stop).
- A seat in the minibus is guaranteed only after booking and payment.
- Since the streets in the Old town are stone cobbled we suggest that you wear comfortable shoes.
- In the summer time we recommend that you use sunscreens to best protect your skin.
Contact info: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +359 888 975 886
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXCURSION
The excursion includes:
- A map, indicating your itinerary and the 25 marked attractions worth to see in Plovdiv
- Audio storytelling about the attractions
- An audio guide available in 9 languages: Russian, German, Bulgarian, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Greek and Turkish.
- Talking museum audio guides in The Little Basilica, Trakart museum and Armenian Church History Museum.
The price for the excursion does not include:
- Museum entrance fees. In addition, the visits to the exhibitions are paid at the ticket office.
- Transfer from and to the hotel is paid additionally.
2. Roman stadium
3. Church of Holy Mother of God
4. Ancient theater
5. Lamartine’s House and Klianty House
6. Paldin Restaurant/ Former Muslim monastery Mevlevi Khane
7. Saborna street
8. Church of Saints Constantine and Helena
9. Lapidarium Square
10. Balbanov and Hindliyanov houses
11. Armenian church
12. Church museum
13. Gossip room
14. Ethnographical museum
15. Nebet tepe
16. Hisar Kapia
17. Artisans street
18. East gate
19. Small basilica
20. Bishops basilica
21. Catholic church
22. Trakart cultural center
24. New city center
25. Part of the Roman stadium
100. Audio Guide returns instructions. Important information