Individual Walking Sightseeing Private Tour in Plovdiv. Self guided tour for one day.
The Old town of Plovdiv, the capital of culture, dates back to over 8000 years. Walking on the cobblestone streets, tourists are impressed by the historic buildings and well preserved ancient houses. The Old town’s charm is in perfect harmony with the modern urban style of Plovdiv, creating a unique atmosphere.
We offer you a fascinating audio guide walk in the Old Plovdiv, so do not miss this opportunity!
During your audio tour you will discover the secrets of the Old town and hear interesting facts, myths and legends.
The more you get to know the ancient town, the more enchanted you will be by this ancient town and its beautifully preserved houses with authentic architectural style. You will find out why local people love this town and why it is so attractive to both domestic and foreign tourists.
Plovdiv is known as the city of the seven hills and each hill offers an amazing view. Our audio guide will take you to the most famous and fascinating places in the Old Plovdiv. Your walking tour will be filled with excitement. Enjoy it, while discovering the ancient town full of passion, myths and legends.
The audio guide device is a device with recorded storytelling about the most attractive and famous landmarks in the city. After you hire your audio guide and headphones you are ready to embark on your exploration of the Old Plovdiv. You cannot miss the so-called Kapana, located in a walking distance from the main street, a focal point of traditions, innovation and creativity, that brings together artists, souvenir venders, culinary arts and arts and music festival makers.
You can set your own pace and choose where to stop for a rest, a cup of coffee and a pleasant talk with your friends. Then you can continue your walking tour and follow your itinerary.
Price of the tour – 25 leva
The audio excursion could be listened to on your mobile phone as well.
Advantages of self gouded individual audio guide tour
- Convenient route starting in the Old town of Plovdiv.
- The audio tour includes 25 landmarks, cultural and historical monuments, as well as les famous sites to explore.
- Audio storytelling about the interesting places and most important events, as well as details of what you see inside the historical buildings.
- Our talks are not boring dates and facts, but real stories and legends.
- A choice to hear the storytelling in your native language or the one you have chosen.
- You do not need to follow a group or listen to the explanations of a tourist guide. You set up your pace and decide who is going to join you on your trip.
- You can listen to the storytelling in the historical buildings without disturbing other visitors.
We wish a wonderful walk in the amazing Plovdiv!
WHAT ATTRACTIONS CAN YOU SEE
The Old Plovdiv, a majestic and charming historic town that will surprise you with so many attractions. It is worth seeing them. The Roman Theatre, built by Emperor Trajan in the 2nd century AD, is well preserved.
What gives the town a unique aura is the feeling of historic presence, created by the house museums dating back to the Bulgarian National Revival period - 18th-19th century. Among the most famous ones are the houses of the prominent merchandisers - the Balabanov's house and the Hindilian's house. The houses have a great impact on the works of many painters and even inspire postcard and souvenir designers.
In the Old town you can take a walk on one of the longest pedestrian streets in Europe. It may have been recorded in The Guinness World Records if it were 50 meters longer. Underneath the street was discovered the Ancient Stadium with a seating capacity of 30000 spectators.
The most impressive museums in the Old town are located on archeological sites. During some excavation works were found perfectly preserved Roman mosaics – now known as the Trakart museum, the Small Basilica and many others.
You may visit Armenian Church museum, where very rare relics are kept- a fragment of the Holy Cross, the Miraculous Icon of the Virgin and Child from the 15th century, as well as the relics of more than 20 saints.
How to book Plovdiv tour for a day
Price of the tour:
*Tour with entrance ticket for the Small Basilica included:
- Adult – 25 leva / 13 euro
- Family (2 adults + 1,2,3 children) – 55 leva / 28 euro
- Students – 15 leva / 8 euro
*Tour with entrance ticket for the Small Basilica, Trakart Museum and Armenian Church Museum included:
- Adult – 34 leva / 17 euro
- Family (2 adults + 1,2,3 children) – 75 leva / 38 euro
- Students – 25 leva / 13 euro
*You can pay via our web site by card - Visa, Master, Mаestro, Cirrius, Borica, EuroLine American Express и American Express by selecting the date of your day trip in the calendar and book an audio guide device.
*Payment in our office (by card of cash)
Be aware of the following!
- The availability of audio guide devices is guaranteed only after booking and payment.
- All devices and headphones are disinfected with ultraviolet lamps and special equipment.
- The streets in the Old Town of Plovdiv are paved and we recommend the use of comfortable shoes.
- In the summer season, we recommend the use of sunscreen
Rayko Daskalov Str 1 -ATTENTION! Due to the epidemic, the office is temporarily closeduntil 01.01.2022.Audio tour of Plovdiv (in 2021) is available only in the App. You can listen to the tour through your phone by downloading the app. More information here.
You can take the device with you all day.
Audio guide rental availability in our office (address below)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR INDIVIDUAL WALKING TOUR IN PLOVDIV
- You receive a map with the route including sights of Plovdiv and a coupon for 15% discount in restaurant “Puldin”
- Audio Guide device contains recordings about the interior arrangement of the temples of the Old Town
- Audio guide offers 9 languages for your tour: Russian, German, Bulgarian, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Greek and Turkish.
- Audio guide contains talk about the museums: "Little Basilica", "Trakart" and "Armenian Church History"
- The whole walking tour is approximately 3 hours with possibility of choosing the pace of your movement.
AudioGuide Bulgaria - your tour guide in Bulgaria. Enjoy your audio walking tour in Plovdiv - an exciting experience to discover the cultural and historical landmarks in the Old town Plovdiv. We can assure you that you will like it and remember it!
Plovdiv Sightseeing Itinerary
2. Roman stadium
3. Church of the Assumption of Virgin Merry
4. Ancient theatre
5. Lamartine House and Klianti House
6. Paldin restaurant
7. Saborna street
8. Church “St. Constantine and Helena”
9. Lapidarium Square
10. Balabanov House, Hindliyan House
11. Armenian Church
12. Armenian Church Museum
14. Ethnographic Museum
15. Nebet tepe
16. Hissar kapiya
17. Street of crafts
18. East gate of Philippopolis
19. Small Basilica
20. Bishop’s Basilica
21. Catholic church
22. Trakart Museum
23. Ancient Forum
24. Modern city center
25. Part of the Roman stadium