The cultural capital of Bulgaria is already 8000 years old. The Old Plovdiv with its ancient buildings, old houses and narrow cobbled street is still beautifully preserved. The modern part of the city is harmoniously combined with the old paved town and thus creating an incredible atmosphere.
We offer you a fascinating walk in the Old Plovdiv with our audio guide device. Your tour will be filled with secrets of the past, interesting facts, myths and a couple of legends. You will get acquainted with the picturesque town and feel its spirit. You will get to know why the Old Plovdiv is so attractive to tourists and the local’s infinite love towards it.
Plovdiv is also known as the city of the seven hills, each offering a breath-taking view. Our guide will show you the most interesting and beautiful places in the Old Plovdiv.
We will add to your walk a lot of myths, ancient legends and not-so-known secrets, leaving you eager to discover more of them.
Audio Guide provides a special device with a recorded story about interesting and informative facts about different places in the city. When you rent an audio guide device with headphones, you are free to explore the city and enjoy the tour! You will have the opportunity to stop and rest at any time you want, grab a coffee, talk with friends and then return to your special route and continue exploring.
Price of the tour – 25 leva
The audio excursion could be listened to on your mobile phone as well.
Advantages of audio guide tour
- Convenient route starting in the Old town of Plovdiv.
- Itinerary with 2 landmarks including cultural and historical monuments
- Audio talks about interesting places and events
- Real stories and legends, not full of dull dates or facts
- Listen in your native or chosen language
- You do not need to keep up with a group or listen to a guide’s talk. You choose your walking pace and who to walk with
- You will be able to listen to the recordings in the temples without disturbing the other visitors.
We wish a wonderful walk in the amazing Plovdiv!
INTERESTING THINGS YOU ARE GOING TO SEE DURING THE EXCURSION
The Old town is soaked in energy of the past. Always something to see and always something new to discover. The Roman amphitheater, which was built by Emperor Trajan in the 2nd century is perfectly preserved and you can see it yourself!
The beautiful row in the Old town is composed of house-museums dating back from the National Revival period (18th – 19th century). Among the most famous houses are those of popular merchants and traders of that time in the past – Luka Balaban and Stephen Hindlian. The houses are so popular that they frequently appear on different souvenirs and post cards.
Plovdiv is also well known for its second longest pedestrian street in Europe. Unfortunately, 50 meters separated Plovdiv to reach the Guinness Book for this record, however below the main street there are remains of the Ancient Stadium, with capacity was for more than 30 000 spectators.
One of the best museums in the city are based on archaeological findings. That is how magnificently preserved Roman mosaics are found and preserved and now presented at the Trakart Museum, Small Basilica Museum and others.
You will have the chance to visit the Armenian Church Museum, where a very rare relics are kept – a fragment of the Holy Cross, Minacious icon of “Virgin and the Child” (dating back from 15th century), as well as relics from more than 20 saints.
How to buy a tour
You can take the device with you all day.
Audio guide rental availability in our office (address below)
Price of the tour:
*Tour with entrance ticket for the Small Basilica included:
- Adult – 25 leva / 13 euro
- Family (2 adults + 1,2,3 children) – 55 leva / 28 euro
- Students – 15 leva / 8 euro
*Tour with entrance ticket for the Small Basilica, Trakart Museum and Armenian Church Museum included:
- Adult – 34 leva / 17 euro
- Family (2 adults + 1,2,3 children) – 75 leva / 38 euro
- Students – 25 leva / 13 euro
*Payment from our website by card – VISA, Master Card, Maestro card, Cirrius, БОРИКА, EuroLine American Express and American Express. (To do this, please select the preferable date of the trip in our calendar and book an audio guide device)
*Payment in our office (by card of cash)
- The availability of an audio guide device is guaranteed upon reservation and payment in advance.
- All devices and headphones are disinfected with ultraviolet lamps in specially equipped suitcases.
- The streets in the Old Town of Plovdiv are paved and we recommend the use of comfortable shoes.
- In the summer season, we recommend the use of sunscreen
Rayko Daskalov Str 1 -ATTENTION! Due to the epidemic, the office is temporarily closeduntil 01.04.2021
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE TOUR
- You receive a map with the route including sights of Plovdiv and a coupon for 15% discount in restaurant “Puldin”
- Audio Guide device contains recordings about the interior arrangement of the temples of the Old Town
- Audio guide offers 9 languages for your tour: Russian, German, Bulgarian, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Greek and Turkish.
- Audio guide contains talk about the museums: "Little Basilica", "Trakart" and "Armenian Church History"
- The whole walking tour is approximately 3 hours with possibility of choosing the pace of your movement.
This is Audio Guide – your personal guide in Bulgaria. Enjoy this fascinating and full of mysteries cultural and historical tour in the Old Town of Plovdiv. We are sure you will love it!
2. Roman stadium
3. Church of the Assumption of Virgin Merry
4. Ancient theatre
5. Lamartine House and Klianti House
6. Paldin restaurant
7. Saborna street
8. Church “St. Constantine and Helena”
9. Lapidarium Square
10. Balabanov House, Hindliyan House
11. Armenian Church
12. Armenian Church Museum
14. Ethnographic Museum
15. Nebet tepe
16. Hissar kapiya
17. Street of crafts
18. East gate of Philippopolis
19. Small Basilica
20. Bishop’s Basilica
21. Catholic church
22. Trakart Museum
23. Ancient Forum
24. Modern city center
25. Part of the Roman stadium