From Bansko: Rila Monastery Tour
Day trip from Bansko to Rila Monastery. It is the largest spiritual center of the history and culture of the Bulgarian people since the 10th century. Monument of Bulgarian culture of world importance in the list of UNESCO
The bright frescoes and wealth of the characters depicted here are a celebration of the art of the Renaissance.
Rila Monastery is located at the foot of the Rila Mountains. On its territory, there are five rich museums. They contain 35,000 unique exhibits. Of particular interest is the unusual museum of monastic cuisine - Magernitsa. The ethnographic museum consisting of five independent guest rooms reproduces the traditions of folk art and life.
The tour includes audio information on all museums in several languages.
Inspection of the monastery complex is carried out independently, using the audio guide in your the native language. Together with free time it will take 2.5 - 3 hours. For convenience, the audio guide is given a map of the territory. On it, you will see where are located: relics of sv. Ivan Rilski, the Miraculous Icon, museums, ticket office, souvenir shop, toilets, etc.
The duration of the tour is 6 hours; you independently calculate the time and pace of on-site inspection.
The price includes
2. Audio guide in Russian, Bulgarian, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish.
3. Audio records of the Rila monastery.
4. Audio records of the Church History Museum.
5. Audio records of the Icon Museum.
6. Audio records of the Ethnographic Museum.
7. Audio records of the museum of monastic cuisine - Magernitsa.
8. Audio records for "Fortress tower".
9. Map of the route with the objects of inspection.
The price excludes
Entrance tickets to the museums of the Rila Monastery (€ 8 a common ticket to all museums)
Place of collection: st. “Father Paisiy”, house 21 (near the Spiritual Center of P. Khilendarsky)
Departure at 9:00. Return at 16:00
Held: Wednesday and Sunday.